Monday, July 13, 2009

Fit does not = Healthy


So I'm losing weight at a rapid rate. I'm lookin' good - I'm cutting up. I nailed that 10k run, so life couldn't be better, huh?

Wrong.

I haven't really been sick for years. Had my tonsils out when I was 23 or 24 or something and I eat plenty of garlic to keep the badness (and vampires) away.

Until this latest "Health Kick".

For the first time in living memory I'm looking after myself, checking the labels of the food I eat, have increased the number of alcohol free days, spending less time aimlessly drinking down the Bowls Club, and what's my reward? A combination of Swine Flu, Equine Virus and Bird Flu all teaming up and having a go whilst my defences are down.

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I WAS DRINKING A BOTTLE OF SCOTCH EVERY NIGHT??

Cowardly viruses.

So I've got a head full of snot and I'm weak and I'm grumpy and I can't even turn to my old friend alco-mo-hol for solace.

Life is just a little bit sucky this last couple of weeks.

xxx *sneeze* *cough*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the correct term is head full of custard and I'm sorry to hear you are so poorly. What have you learned here?? dont read food labels, drink red wine not scotch and walk dont run! lozaxx