Wednesday, June 02, 2010

The Things Wot I Love



As I sit here waiting for the clock to strike 40 I think I should put the grumpy old man persona to bed for the night and reflect here on more positive things.

I’d like to share with you all the updated list of things I love.

I love winter sun. I like being able to wear nice clothes including jackets and scarfs and hats that the cooler weather demands, but when that warm winter sun hits my face and puts chocolate freckles in my squinted eyes, that’s just magic.

I love that every time you get on a crowded train there is probably at least one other person thinking dirty thoughts about you.

I love Clare and the Reasons singing ‘Can Your Car do That? I Don’t Think So.’

I love going to class and having a classmate unexpectedly give me a book for my birthday.

I love when you’re having a dream that is so amazing that you’re able to make yourself return to sleep and pick up right where you left off.

I love talking on the phone to a friend in Sydney who can make you look at your life from a completely different, and ultimately more positive, perspective.

I love going to a friend’s house for the weekend and working like a bastard ripping down the ceilings to clean up 30 years of possum poo. I didn’t love the possum poo, but those sorts of weekends are priceless.

I love cooking myself meals at home that are better than restaurant quality.

I love milk. That’s been on the list for a while now.

I love the sound of an orchestra tuning up.

I love the thought that there is someone on the other side of the earth that loves me.

So there you go. Getting soft in my old age. When you read this I will be 40.

I love you all.

xxx

6 comments:

Lilli boo said...

Happy Birthday Bazza...I'm sitting up with you..waiting for Koops Jnr to stir..and looking forward to a little tipple to celebrate Friday night...see you there :-)

Mitt mcbradman said...

Great lyrics bru!
And have a great day
mitt mc bradman

Craig D. Ising Esq said...

Thank you both.
Lilli - will be great to see the whole troupe.
Mitt, shame you guys can't jump a flight for just one night.

One day, bru, one day.

phoebe said...

happy belated birthday Craig. 40 is the new 30 so flaunt it.
i hope your day/night was filled with those things you love. ;-p

sheen said...

ya big softie.
xx

Anonymous said...

how about a big jeff fenech "i love youse all!"?