Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Witness the Fitness MkIII


Just a quick update to let you know that another 'fun' run has come and gone, and I've survived.

Despite the rest of the UK sweltering from heatwave conditions, and a forecast for fine weather up here, Inverness turned on a typically dreary and misty day. You might say perfect for running. You might.

As my previous post indicated I held no great hope for my time for this 5k. Like I said, I was happy to just finish. And I did it comfortably under 30 minutes and was pretty fresh at the end. If I had have known how fresh I might have pushed a little harder to get my time down, but I did want to make sure I made it to the end in one go and in one piece.

I totally destroyed that little kid in the pink.

I'm pretty sure I was spot on 28 minutes. I was about fifteen seconds out from the line when the gun went off, and the clock said 28:15 as I crossed the line. My Runkeeper™app didn't do me any favours - it took almost a minute for me to press 'completed' with my phone holder all wet from the mist.

As I crossed the line I was 'awarded' another medallion to add to my collection:

The award that says 'Everyone's a WINNER!'

I also got a showbag with a few random goodies and a dinky little t-shirt with a picture of the Loch Ness Monster on it.

All in all I'm considering the whole excursion a moderate success.

I promise another update soon.

x.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look very fresh considering you just ran 5k! I hope I look half as good when I finish the Amsterdam 8k on the 16th!

Lajka in Amsterdam

Craig D. Ising Esq said...

That photograph could have been taken at the start. ;)

I'll be in Amsterdam on the 16th! Might be stretching things to watch the race, but who knows?

x

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your success. Enjoyed reading the post.

Anonymous said...

It's a year almost to the day since your lip balm vanished. I was reminded of that day when the marathoners started passing my window early Sunday. Did you ever get new lip balm?
Best
Terry

Craig D. Ising Esq said...

A year ago you say?

Bjoinks!

I did replace the lip balm, however I do appear to be a little short of it just now.

Hope you're well. Did you get a postcard from us?

x

على محمود said...






شركة دار الامل
شركة تنظيف بالدمام
شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام
شركة تنظيف فلل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالدمام