Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Turning ones hand to Poetry

I promised Sheena's father that I would write down my impressions of Scotland.

Whilst in the middle of a songwriting phase I've had certain words and phrases fighting to get out, and this morning a poem erupted.

I'm not going to post it here... not just yet - it's not quite perfect.

But I did manage to distill most of the main ingredients into yet another song this morning.

Her Scotland - although I might change the name of the song to Buried Inside.

What do you think?

2 comments:

Spiffo said...

Personally, I really like the piano, and one of the voices, but not the other voice. In fact, i really hate the other voice. Can you do a version with only one voice? if you need harmony, maybe a penny-whistle, bagpipes, fiddle?

Craig D. Ising Esq said...

Yeah, I agree.
I recorded a double track vocal which didn't quite lock in and the 'replacement' double track is pretty gnarly.
If I had a better mic I'd be happier with one vocal track.
Likely re-recording the vocals this afternoon.
Thanks for the feedback... oh, and yes - this track I intended to get a piper in to fill up the space at the end.