Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Letter to the Editor 23-3-2010

Dear Editor,
Oh brilliant! The Worm is back ('Worm turns for Rudd in health debate' March 23, 2010). Not content to let voters make up their own minds based upon the performances of our political leaders, television networks insist on feeding us an instant voter reaction to every word uttered in a televised debate. I don't know who these faceless people are, or how qualified they may be to provide such expert instant analysis, but I am amazed that their approval (or disapproval) is often indicated before a question has even been finished - let alone the answer fully heard, comprehended and assessed. Is it any wonder that our esteemed Prime Minister resorts to endlessly repeated catch phrases that can be mindlessly regurgitated by the masses at the expense of real policy detail. Forza 'The Worm'. I don't know how I could direct my vote without it.
Yours Sincerely,

No comments: