Thursday, September 30, 2010

The End of the World as We Know It.



It's not often I share links from other blog sites. Perhaps it's time I started?

Maybe I'm just jealous of other bloggers who attract thousands of followers and are able to quit their day jobs whilst raking in millions from Google Ads. I tell you what, if I were one of these people I'd get myself a day job just so as I could quit it.

Anyway, I'm digressing.

Many of you readers will already be aware that I'm half writer, half musician and half geek. I was going to add half mathematician but that would clearly be spurious. My interest to all things geek extends from gadgets and devices, to automobiles (the VW Karmann Ghia a particular fave, along with the Citroen SM), to astronomy. So you'll mostly understand why the following blog appeals to me so.

The 5 Scientific Experiments Most Likely to End the World | IXPLORA - Mobile Phone News and General Tech News and Discussion

This dude (or dudette, I haven't checked which yet - it's not important) has detailed, as the name loosely implies, the 5 scientific experiments most likely to end the world. Oh yeah, that's what it's called.

It is funny, informative, interesting, just slightly scary, and has probably received about a million more hits that the complete total of my blog.

So sad.


xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it, love it, love it!
I last heard about a Haddron Collider on David Thorne's 27b/6 blog. But he was using the premise that he'd built one (not quite such a LARGE one) in his living room to get his AGL bill reduced.
Funny stuff, thanks.