Hello friends and enmities.
Yes, it has been a while since my last blog entry - and it was a while before that one as well.
But I know one of your greatest virtues is your patience, and I have been testing you. And you have passed. With flying colours. Except Andrew and Loren who keep hassling me. For which the rest of you should be thankful - otherwise I likely would have forgotten to update.
So why for no bloglove lately?
A few things.
1. Busy at work. I know - this is the lamest of all possible excuses, but if you had any idea of what's happening here in the stamp shop you'd shake your head in disbelief. The only up side at the moment is that my best mate Kev is now my employee, so it's the best work environment on the planet. But we've doubled our production in recent weeks with a) no extra staff and b) no extra pay. so we're a little short tempered at the moment and consequently have little time to blog.
2. Refer to my previous blog entry regarding 3 mobile broadband for why I'm not blogging from home. The service has improved slightly, but is still criminally inadequate.
3. The PAIN! I wasn't going to make this public knowledge, but I have recently been struck down by a case of the Gout. Seriously. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the symptoms of this disease of fine living - it FARKEN HURTS!! It's almost impossible to put on a shoe. It's difficult to walk. And it's almost impossible to sleep once this thing starts hurting and throbbing. So there. I've got the Gout. Whatcha gonna do, eh?
4. As my next blog entry will illustrate, I have been rehearsing madly with my latest musical type project. We have a gig coming up in the 4th of June (see above) and we finally have a name. So there!
5. Reading. For a change I've been reading instead of writing. Winters Tale, by Mark Helprin. This just has to be about the finest novel I've ever read. What a fantastic story, with utterly remarkable characters and vivid, lush scenes. An absolute joy to read - so much so that I slowed down and read less and less as I approached the climax as I just refused to believe that I could finish this book. I really didn't want it to end.
So please folks - don't be a hatin'. I love youse all, and will endeavour to a better, more prolific blogger in the weeks and months to come.
PS: I think I may be tired of posting under a monicker - thoughts? Anyone? Anyone?? Bueller?