Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Line in the Sky



I was just walking home when I heard a faint drone in the distance above me. I looked up to see a huge jet (I'm guessing it may have been a new airbus, but I can't be certain) with a perfect jet-stream spewing out behind it.

I looked back across the length of this line in the sky to see a perfect arc. The air up there must have been perfectly still, and as the aircraft it left a magnificent white thread from one point on the horizon to the other.

It was as if the whole of Melbourne was covered by the Wembley Stadium Arch, only x 1,000,000.

Still the simple things that are truly inspiring. Except that putting 200 tonnes of metal in the air with nothing but air pressure is hardly a simple thing, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

xxx

No comments: